Dietitian's tip: An elegant party appetizer, this easy-to-prepare spread can be made up to a week in advance and kept tightly covered in the refrigerator. Serve it on whole-grain crackers or thin slices of plain or toasted baguette.
- 1/4 pound smoked trout fillet, skinned and broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup 1 percent low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 celery stalk, diced
In a blender or food processor, combine the trout, cottage cheese, red onion, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Fold in the diced celery. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving. Makes 12 tablespoons.
Nutritional analysis per serving
|Serving size: 1 tablespoon|
|Total fat||1 g||Total carbohydrate||1 g|
|Saturated fat||0 mg||Dietary fiber||0 mg|
|Monounsaturated fat||0 mg||Protein||4 g|