By Mayo Clinic staff
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup trans fat-free buttery spread
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix flours, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Cut in buttery spread until crumbly. Add berries and chocolate chips. Mix gently. Mix yogurt and honey together in a small bowl. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture, mixing until just blended. Place ball of dough on countertop. Knead one or two times. Roll into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in small bowl. Sprinkle over top of scones. Bake at 400 F for 10 to 12 minutes.
Source: This recipe is one of 400 recipes collected in the "Fix-It and Enjoy-It! Healthy Cookbook" published by Good Books and available at the MayoClinic.com Bookstore.