- Symptom Checker Use this Symptom Checker to pinpoint possible causes of your medical symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Stress test A stress test — Overview covers what to expect and results of this heart test.
- Blood tests for heart disease Blood tests offer clues to your heart health. Here's information about these blood tests.
- Chest X-rays Chest X-rays — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) test Blood urea nitrogen (BUN) test — Overview covers definition, preparation, results of this blood test.
- Pulmonary atresia Pulmonary atresia — Comprehensive overview covers the diagnosis and treatment of this congenital heart defect.
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Hypothyroidism — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of an underactive thyroid gland.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) Hyperthyroidism — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of an overactive thyroid gland.
- Flu shots: Especially important if you have heart disease Flu shots are recommended for anyone with heart disease. Find out why.
Treatments and drugs
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs) Ventricular assist devices (VADs) — Overview covers risks and results of these life-saving heart devices.
- Heart transplant Heart transplant — Overview covers risks and results of this potentially lifesaving operation.
- Stem cells: What they are and what they do Stem cells FAQs — Covers stem cell types, including natural and bioengineered stem cells, uses and ethical issues.