How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic staff
The hematocrit is a simple blood test. You won't need to fast before the test or make other preparations.
- Lichtman MA, et al. Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010.
- http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=69. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- Hematocrit. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/hematocrit/tab/test. Accessed May 30, 2013.
- CBC with differential, blood. Mayo Medical Laboratories. http://www.mayomedicallaboratories.com/test-catalog/Clinical+and+Interpretive/9109. Accessed March 25, 2013.
- Schrier SL. Approach to the adult patient with anemia. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 30, 2013.