- Symptom Checker Use this Symptom Checker to pinpoint possible causes of your medical symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Electromyography (EMG) Electromyography (EMG) — Overview covers definition, risks of this study of the nerves and muscles.
- Discogram Discogram — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this test used to evaluate back pain.
Treatments and drugs
- Back surgery: When is it a good idea? Back pain rarely requires surgery. Research your options before going under the knife.
- Diskectomy Diskectomy — Overview covers risks, results of this surgical procedure to treat herniated spinal disks.
- Laminectomy Laminectomy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of a type of spinal decompression surgery.
- Chiropractic adjustment Chiropractic adjustment — Overview covers definition, what to expect from spinal manipulation treatment for back pain.