- HIV/AIDS HIV/AIDS — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and prevention of this deadly infection.
- Lupus Lupus — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of lupus, including systemic lupus erythematosus.
Tests and diagnosis
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) Lumbar puncture (spinal tap) — Overview covers definition, risks and results of this procedure.
- Urinalysis Urinalysis — Overview covers definition, preparation and results of this common laboratory test.
- MRI MRI — Overview covers definition, preparation, results of this diagnostic test.
- X-ray X-ray — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this diagnostic test.
- CT scan CT scan — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging procedure.
- Germs: Understand and protect against bacteria, viruses and infection Germs. Learn how germs work and what you can do to protect yourself.
- Hepatitis C Hepatitis C — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of infection with the hepatitis C virus.
- Rheumatoid arthritis Rheumatoid arthritis — Comprehensive overview covers signs, symptoms and treatment of this inflammatory arthritis.
- Hepatitis B Hepatitis B — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, vaccine prevention of this sometimes-chronic liver disease.
- HPV infection HPV infection — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, modes of transmission, treatment, prevention, including HPV vaccine.
Treatments and drugs
- Antibiotics: Misuse puts you and others at risk Antibiotic misuse creates antibiotic-resistant germs. Protect yourself and others by using antibiotics wisely.
- Vaccines for adults: Which do you need? Vaccines offer protection from infectious diseases. Get the facts on which vaccines are recommended for adults.
- Vaccines: Keep your child's shots on track Vaccines protect children from serious and potentially fatal diseases. Use this guide to keep your child's immunizations on track.
- Childhood vaccines: Tough questions, straight answers When it comes to childhood vaccines, misinformation abounds. Get the facts about vaccine safety from health experts.
- Hand-washing: Do's and don'ts Hand-washing — Done properly, hand-washing is a simple way to avoid getting sick.
- Condoms Condoms — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this method of STD prevention and birth control.
- Staying healthy in school: Kid-friendly tips Healthy in school — Consider school health basics, starting with frequent hand-washing.