- Prescription and OTC sleeping pills Can't sleep? Popping a pill may seem like an easy answer. But before you turn to sleeping pills, talk with your doctor about the potential risks and benefits.
- Depression (major depression) Depression — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and coping with this mood disorder.
- Stress symptoms: Effects on your body and behavior Stress symptoms — Learn how stress can affect your health so that you can take action.
Tests and diagnosis
- Polysomnography (sleep study) Polysomnography (sleep study) — Overview covers what to expect, results of this test for sleep conditions.
- Obstructive sleep apnea Obstructive sleep apnea — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this common sleep, breathing disorder.
Treatments and drugs
- Prescription sleeping pills: What's right for you? Sleeping pills — Get the lowdown on the latest prescription options.
- Insomnia treatment: Cognitive behavioral therapy instead of sleeping pills Cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia: Get to the root of your sleep problems.
- Sleep aids: Understand over-the-counter options Sleep aids — Get the facts on common over-the-counter choices, including precautions and side effects.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Help yourself to better sleep with these tips Can't remember the last time you felt well rested? Then check out these self-help tips for getting a good night's sleep.
- Napping: Do's and don'ts for healthy adults Napping can benefit your health. Here's how to make the most of a nap.
- Sleep tips: 7 steps to better sleep Better sleep can be yours! Consider sleep tips for the weary.
- Getting better sleep Everyone has occasional trouble sleeping. Frequent problems with sleep, however, take a toll on your well-being. See what it takes to get better sleep.