Coping and supportBy Mayo Clinic staff
Find out all you can about Kawasaki disease so that you can make informed choices with your child's health care team about treatment options. Keep in mind that most children with Kawasaki disease recover completely, though it may be a little while before your child is back to normal and not feeling so tired and irritable. The Kawasaki Disease Foundation offers trained support volunteers to families currently dealing with the disease.
- Kawasaki disease. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/sec19/ch286/ch286d.html#sec19-ch286-ch286c-1987. Accessed Dec. 7, 2010.
- Harnden A, et al. Kawasaki disease. British Medical Journal. 2009;338:1514.
- Baker AL, et al. Kawasaki disease. Circulation. 2008;118:e110.
- Wood LE, et al. Kawasaki disease in children. Heart. 2009;95:787.
- Kawasaki Disease. American Heart Association. http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4634. Accessed Oct. 25, 2010.
- Sundel R. Initial treatment and prognosis of Kawasaki disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Dec. 1, 2010.