SymptomsBy Mayo Clinic staff
CLICK TO ENLARGE
In most cases, liver hemangioma doesn't cause any signs or symptoms.
When a liver hemangioma causes signs and symptoms, they may include:
- Pain in the upper right abdomen
- Feeling full after eating only a small amount of food
- Lack of appetite
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you experience any persistent signs and symptoms that worry you.
- Di Bisceglie AM, et al. Tumor and cysts of the liver. In: Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed Nov. 15, 2010.
- Curry MP, et al. Hepatic hemangioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 15, 2010.
- Your liver. Your life. American Liver Foundation. http://www.yourliver.org/Liver-Wellness-Presentation.pdf. Accessed Nov. 16, 2010.