- Secondhand smoke: Avoid dangers in the air Secondhand smoke — Understand the dangers and consider options for clearing the air.
Tests and diagnosis
- Lung CT scan for cancer: Should you be screened? Lung CT scan — Computerized tomography (CT) scans may reduce your risk of lung cancer death.
- Biopsy: Types of biopsy procedures used to diagnose cancer Biopsy procedures, including needle biopsy and bone marrow biopsy, are used to diagnose cancer.
- Needle biopsy Common needle biopsy procedures include fine-needle aspiration and core needle biopsy.
- Chest X-rays Chest X-rays — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this imaging test.
- Nicotine dependence Nicotine dependence — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, complications and treatment of this difficult-to-break addiction.
- Bone metastasis Bone metastasis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of bone metastasis in people with cancer.
Treatments and drugs
- Proton therapy Proton therapy — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, results of proton radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy Chemotherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, what to expect during cancer chemotherapy treatment.
- Brachytherapy Brachytherapy — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this type of radiation therapy for cancer.