- Functions of water in the body
- Diverticulosis and diverticulitis
- Cuts of beef
- Food label
- see all
- Anatomy of a whole grain
- Reading food labels
- Recipe makeover: Morning glory muffins
- Pyramid or plate? Explore these healthy diet options
- Video: Honey crusted chicken
- Video: Pineapple chicken stir-fry
- Video: Hearty turkey chili
- Video: Apple berry cobbler
- see all
- Slide show: Your guide to spices
- Slide show: Guide to beans and legumes
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Slide show: Guide to a high-fiber diet
- see all
Slide show: The Mediterranean dietBy Mayo Clinic staff
Start the day the Mediterranean way
What does breakfast look like when you're following the Mediterranean diet? Appealing and full of fiber-rich foods, such as fruit and whole grains, that can keep you feeling pleasantly full for hours. This version uses plain Greek yogurt, blueberries, apples slices, whole-grain toast and peanut butter.Next slide Previous slide
- Traditional diet pyramids. Oldways Preservation Trust. http://www.oldwayspt.org/pyramids.html. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/DGAs2010-PolicyDocument.htm. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Seven-day Mediterranean menu. Oldways Preservation Trust. http://www.oldwayspt.org/sites/all/files/7dayAUTUMNFINAL.pdf. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Mediterranean diet tips for everyone. Oldways Preservation Trust. http://www.oldwayspt.org/mediterranean-diet/med-diet-resources. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- The power of $2: Easy and affordable Mediterranean recipes. Oldways Preservation Trust. https://www.oldwayspt.org/sites/all/files/Powerof2_Apr14.pdf. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Med diet 101. Oldways Preservation Trust. https://www.oldwayspt.org/sites/all/files/MedDiet101.pdf. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Nelson JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 21, 2011.
- Recipe: Grapes and walnuts with lemon sour cream sauce. MayoClinic.com. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/healthy-recipes/NU00426. Accessed May 25, 2011.