ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic staff
A meningioma and its treatment, typically surgery and radiation therapy, can cause long-term complications, including:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Memory loss
- Personality changes
Your doctor can treat some complications and refer you to specialists to help you cope with other complications.
- Park JK, et al. Biology and clinical features of meningioma. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Park JK, et al. Treatment of meningiomas. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Nov. 22, 2010.
- Minniti G, et al. Radiotherapy and radiosurgery for benign skull base meningiomas. Radiation Oncology. 2009;4:42.
- Norden AD, et al. Advances in meningioma therapy. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2009;9:231.
- Alexiou GA, et al. Management of meningiomas. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2010;112:177.
- Meningioma. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/patient/Cancer+Types/Meningioma. Accessed Dec. 8, 2010.
- Armstrong TS, et al. Use of complementary and alternative medical therapy by patients with primary brain tumors. Current Neurology and Neuroscience Reports. 2008;8:264.