in Nutrition and healthy eating
New and updated
- DASH diet: Tips for dining out May 18, 2013 - The DASH diet doesn't mean you can never eat out. These tips can help you make healthier choices whether you're at a fast-food chain or a fancy restaurant.
- DASH diet: Tips for shopping and cooking May 18, 2013 - The DASH diet doesn't have to be difficult. These tips can help you shop and cook according to DASH diet principles.
- DASH diet: Healthy eating to lower your blood pressure May 15, 2013 - The DASH diet — Follow this eating approach for better blood pressure and other health benefits.
- Safe juicing and blending May 14, 2013 - Before you turn on the juicer or blender, be sure to read these food safety tips.
- DASH diet: Guide to recommended servings May 7, 2013 - DASH diet: Use this table of recommended servings to plan meals.
- Is NEAT part of your weight-control plan? May 1, 2013 - NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis. Things like housework, walking to meetings, and taking the stairs are NEAT. And they all burn calories.
- Exercise, hunger and weight loss April 25, 2013 - The connection between exercise, hunger and weight loss is not as straightforward as it may seem.
- Water softeners: How much sodium do they add? April 19, 2013 - Water softeners can add sodium to drinking water, but probably not a significant amount.