- Symptom Checker Use this Symptom Checker to pinpoint possible causes of your medical symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Electromyography (EMG) Electromyography (EMG) — Overview covers definition, risks of this study of the nerves and muscles.
- Diabetic neuropathy Diabetic neuropathy — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this serious complication of diabetes.
- Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) Hypothyroidism — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of an underactive thyroid gland.
Treatments and drugs
- Anti-seizure medications: Relief from nerve pain Anti-seizure drugs often are used to help control nerve pain.
- Biofeedback: Using your mind to improve your health Biofeedback is a technique you can learn to control your body's responses, such as your heart rate. It can be helpful for a variety of health problems.