ComplicationsBy Mayo Clinic staff
Complications of Peyronie's disease may include:
- Inability to have sexual intercourse
- Difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Anxiety or stress about sexual abilities or the appearance of your penis
- Stresses on the relationship with your sexual partner
- Difficulty fathering a child, because intercourse is difficult or impossible
- Peyronie's disease. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/peyronie. Accessed May 31, 2011.
- Brant WO, et al. Peyronie's disease: Diagnosis and medical management. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Brant WO, et al. Surgical management of Peyronie's disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed May 23, 2011.
- Kumar R. Surgical and minimally invasive treatments for Peyronie's disease. Current Opinion in Urology. 2009;19:589.