- Placenta: How it works, what's normal Learn about the conditions that can affect the placenta during pregnancy.
- Home birth: Know the pros and cons Home birth — Understand the possible risks and benefits of a planned home birth.
- High blood pressure (hypertension) High blood pressure — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment and prevention of hypertension.
- Smoking and pregnancy: Understand the risks Smoking and pregnancy — Know the dangers of tobacco and how to safely quit.
- Family planning: Get the facts about pregnancy spacing Family planning — Consider the risks of timing pregnancies too close together or too far apart.
Tests and diagnosis
- Fetal ultrasound A fetal ultrasound exam can give you a peek at your baby's profile and much more.
- Amniotic fluid embolism Amniotic fluid embolism — Overview covers definition, symptoms and treatment of this pregnancy or post-pregnancy condition.
- Preterm labor Preterm labor — Comprehensive overview covers the symptoms, treatment and prevention of preterm labor.
- Premature birth Premature birth — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, supportive care, complications and treatments for premature babies.
- High-risk pregnancy: Know what to expect High-risk pregnancy — Find out how to promote your health and your baby's health.
Treatments and drugs
- Bed rest during pregnancy: Get the facts Bed rest during pregnancy can present challenges. Know the rules and how to cope.
- C-section C-section — Overview covers why it's done, risks, what you can expect and tips for recovery.
- Blood transfusion Blood transfusion — Overview covers benefits, risks and what to expect.
- Pregnancy and diabetes: Why lifestyle counts Pregnancy and diabetes — What you need to know to deliver a healthy baby.
- Quitting smoking: 10 ways to resist tobacco cravings Quitting smoking — When a tobacco craving strikes, use some of these tips to resist.