- Video: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Video: Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Video: Sleeve gastrectomy
- Video: Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Slide show: Low-calorie-density foods for weight control
- Slide show: 5 main dish vegetable recipes
Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight lossBy Mayo Clinic staff
One small apple is about the same size as a tennis ball and equals one fruit serving, or about 60 calories. The same is true for a medium orange, which is also the size of a tennis ball and about 60 calories.
Other fruit servings
|Fruit||1 serving size (60 calories)|
|Applesauce, sweetened||1/3 cup|
|Strawberries, whole||1 1/2 cups|
|100 percent fruit juice, unsweetened||1/2 cup|
- Hensrud DD, et al. The Mayo Clinic Diet. Intercourse, Pa.: Good Books; 2010.
- Nelson JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 23, 2012.
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 24. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. http://ndb.nal.usda.gov. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.