- Video: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Video: Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Video: Sleeve gastrectomy
- Video: Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Slide show: Low-calorie-density foods for weight control
- Slide show: 5 main dish vegetable recipes
Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight lossBy Mayo Clinic staff
One and a half to 2 ounces of low-fat hard cheddar cheese are about the same size as three to four dice and equal one protein/dairy serving, or about 110 calories.
Other protein/dairy servings
|Protein/dairy||1 serving (110 calories)|
|Cheese, ricotta, part-skim||1/3 cup|
|Cheese spread, American||1 ounce|
|Cottage cheese, low-fat||2/3 cup|
|Milk, skim or 1%||1 cup|
|Soy milk, low-fat||1 cup|
|Yogurt, plain, unsweetened||2/3 cup|
- Hensrud DD, et al. The Mayo Clinic Diet. Intercourse, Pa.: Good Books; 2010.
- Nelson JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 23, 2012.
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 24. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. http://ndb.nal.usda.gov. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.