- Video: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Video: Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Video: Sleeve gastrectomy
- Video: Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Slide show: Low-calorie-density foods for weight control
- Slide show: 5 main dish vegetable recipes
Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight lossBy Mayo Clinic staff
A 2.5-ounce piece of cooked skinless chicken is about the same size as two-thirds of a deck of cards and equals one protein/dairy serving, or about 110 calories. The same is true for a 2-ounce patty of cooked lean hamburger, which equals one serving and has about 110 calories.
Other protein/dairy servings
|Protein/dairy||1 serving (110 calories)|
|Baked beans, canned||1/2 cup|
|Fish (haddock), grilled or broiled||3 ounces|
|Pork sausage, smoked||2 small links|
|Tofu, firm or silken soft||2 slices (1-inch width)|
- Hensrud DD, et al. The Mayo Clinic Diet. Intercourse, Pa.: Good Books; 2010.
- Nelson JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 23, 2012.
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 24. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. http://ndb.nal.usda.gov. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.