- Video: Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Video: Biliopancreatic diversion with duodenal switch
- Video: Sleeve gastrectomy
- Video: Laparoscopic adjustable gastric banding
- Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight loss
- Slide show: Low-calorie-density foods for weight control
- Slide show: 5 main dish vegetable recipes
Slide show: Guide to portion control for weight lossBy Mayo Clinic staff
Putting it all together
It may take some practice to become a better judge of serving sizes and portions, especially as you put entire meals together. But the more you practice visualizing the cues, the more control you'll have over portion sizes. Controlling portion sizes also means controlling calories — and that's key to achieving your weight-loss goals.Previous slide
- Hensrud DD, et al. The Mayo Clinic Diet. Intercourse, Pa.: Good Books; 2010.
- Nelson JK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 23, 2012.
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference, Release 24. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service. http://ndb.nal.usda.gov. Accessed Aug. 23, 2012.