Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs)
- Cardiomyopathy Cardiomyopathy — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of this heart muscle condition.
- Chewing tobacco: Not a safe alternative to cigarettes Chewing tobacco — Chewing tobacco and other forms of smokeless tobacco pose numerous health risks.
- Alcohol use: Do you have a drinking problem? Alcohol use self-assessment — Take this self-assessment to rate your drinking habits and explore solutions.
- Tachycardia Tachycardia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of a rapid heartbeat.
Tests and diagnosis
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) — Overview covers definition of this test to monitor your heartbeat.
- Holter monitor Holter monitor — Overview covers what to expect during this test of your heart rhythm.
- Heart disease Heart disease — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatments and prevention of heart disease.
- Congenital heart defects in children Congenital heart defects — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatments of heart defects in children.
- Coronary artery disease Coronary artery disease — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, treatment of this serious heart condition.
- Myocarditis Myocarditis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of this inflammation of the heart muscle.
- Sudden cardiac arrest Sudden cardiac arrest — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this medical emergency.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Exercise and stress: Get moving to manage stress Discover the connection between exercise and stress relief — and why exercise should be part of your stress management plan.
- Caffeine content for coffee, tea, soda and more Find out just how much caffeine is in coffee, tea, soda and energy drinks.
- Automated external defibrillators: Do you need an AED? Automated external defibrillators are available without a prescription. Should you get one?