ResultsBy Mayo Clinic staff
Your doctor may recommend periodic imaging tests during and after your proton therapy to determine whether your cancer is responding to the treatments. How often you'll undergo scans depends on your situation.
- Brada M, et al. Current clinical evidence for proton therapy. Cancer Journal. 2009;15:319.
- Foote RL, et al. The clinical case for proton beam therapy. Radiation Oncology. 2012;7:174.
- Flanz J, et al. Technology for proton therapy. Cancer Journal. 2009;15:292.
- Devicienti S, et al. Patient positioning in the proton radiotherapy era. Journal of Experimental & Clinical Cancer Research. 2010;29:47.
- Proton therapy. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=protonthera. Accessed July 8, 2013.
- 200 studies found for: proton therapy AND cancer. ClinicalTrials.gov. http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=proton+therapy+AND+cancer. Accessed July 8, 2013.