Tests and diagnosis
- Sed rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) Sed rate — Overview covers definition and results of this test to detect signs of inflammation.
- Rheumatoid factor Find out what the results of a rheumatoid factor test may mean.
- X-ray X-ray — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this diagnostic test.
- Psoriasis Psoriasis — Comprehensive overview covers causes, symptoms and treatments of this chronic skin disorder.
- Achilles tendinitis Achilles tendinitis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this overuse injury.
- Plantar fasciitis Plantar fasciitis — Comprehensive overview covers causes, prevention, self-care of this common type of heel pain.
- Ankylosing spondylitis Ankylosing spondylitis — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment and complications of this inflammatory arthritis.
Treatments and drugs
- Controlling psoriatic arthritis In psoriatic arthritis, misdirected immune cells attack joints. Prompt treatment may prevent damage.
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids Prednisone and other corticosteroid pills, creams and injections can cause side effects.
- Cortisone shots Cortisone shots — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, results of cortisone injections.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Exercise helps ease arthritis pain and stiffness Arthritis — Exercise helps reduce pain in people with arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Coping and support
- Social support: Tap this tool to beat stress Social support networks provide many health benefits — how to build, maintain these essential relationships.