- Symptom Checker Use this Symptom Checker to pinpoint possible causes of your medical symptoms.
Tests and diagnosis
- Rheumatoid factor Rheumatoid factor — Overview covers definition, risks, results of rheumatoid factor blood test.
- Sed rate (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) Sed rate — Overview covers definition and results of this test to detect signs of inflammation.
- Pericardial effusion Pericardial effusion — Overview covers symptoms, causes and treatment of excess fluid around the heart.
Treatments and drugs
- Knee replacement Knee replacement — Comprehensive overview covers knee replacement surgery and recovery.
- Hip replacement Hip replacement — Overview covers definition, risks, results of this surgery.
- Cortisone shots Cortisone shots — Comprehensive overview covers definition, risks, results of cortisone injections.
Lifestyle and home remedies
- Exercise helps ease arthritis pain and stiffness Arthritis — Exercise helps reduce pain in people with arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis pain: Tips for protecting your joints Prevent rheumatoid arthritis pain with these seven joint protection techniques.
- Arthritis pain: Do's and don'ts Arthritis pain — To cope, strike a balance between activity and rest.
- Taming rheumatoid arthritis pain Rheumatoid arthritis pain — Reduce its impact on everyday life with these tips on joint protection, exercise, relaxation and knowing your limits.
- Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress The gentle movements of tai chi reduce stress and offer other health benefits.