ResultsBy Mayo Clinic staff
CLICK TO ENLARGE
|Results of rhinoplasty|
Very slight changes to the structure of the nose — often measured in millimeters — can make a large difference in how your nose looks. Most of the time, an experienced surgeon can get results both of you are satisfied with. But in some cases, the slight changes aren't enough, and you and your surgeon might opt for a second surgery for further refinements. If this is the case, you must wait at least a year for the follow-up surgery, because your nose can undergo changes during this time.
- Tardy ME Jr, et al. Rhinoplasty. In: Flint PW, et al. Cummings Otolaryngology: Head & Neck Surgery. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..00037-9&isbn=978-0-323-05283-2&type=bookPage§ionEid=4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..00037-9&uniqId=234039683-2#4-u1.0-B978-0-323-05283-2..00037-9. Accessed Jan. 21, 2011.
- Ramirez AL, et al. Rhinoplasty. In: Lalwani AK, et al. Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2008. http://www.accessmedicine.com/content.aspx?aid=2833146. Accessed Jan. 20, 2011.
- Becker DG, et al. Reducing complications in rhinoplasty. Otolaryngology Clinics of North America. 2006;39:475i.
- Nose surgery. American Society of Plastic Surgeons. http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Patients_and_Consumers/Procedures/Cosmetic_Procedures/Nose_Surgery_.html. Accessed Jan. 2, 2011.
- Anesthesia and you. American Society of Anesthesiologists. http://www.lifelinetomodernmedicine.com/Who-Is-An-Anesthesiologist/Anesthesia-for-Same-Day-or-Outpatient-Surgery.aspx. Accessed Jan. 21, 2011.
- Harsha BC. Complications of rhinoplasty. Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America. 2009;21:81
- Kim DW, et al. Functional rhinoplasty. Facial Plastic Surgery Clinics of North America. 2009;17:115.