Risk factorsBy Mayo Clinic staff
Although anyone can develop rosacea, you may be more likely to develop rosacea if you:
- Have fair skin and light hair and eye color
- Are between the ages of 30 and 60, especially if you're going through menopause
- Experience frequent flushing or blushing
- Have a family history of rosacea
- Goldstein BG, et al. Rosacea. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Sept. 7, 2010.
- What is rosacea? National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Rosacea/rosacea_ff.pdf. Accessed Sept. 21, 2010.
- Rosacea. American Academy of Dermatology. http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/common_rosacea.html. Accessed Sept. 21, 2010.
- Information for patients. The National Rosacea Society. http://www.rosacea.org/patients/faq.php. Accessed Sept. 23, 2010.