Treatments and drugsBy Mayo Clinic staff
In spite of a concerted global effort, scientists have yet to find an effective treatment for SARS. Antibiotic drugs don't work against viruses and antiviral drugs haven't shown much benefit.
- Cleri DJ, et al. Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). Infectious Disease Clinics of North America. 2010;24:175.
- Fact sheet: Basic information about SARS. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/factsheet.htm. Accessed Oct. 21, 2010.
- McIntosh K. Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Oct. 21, 2010.
- Anderson LJ. Coronaviruses. In: Goldman L, et al. Cecil Medicine. 23rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2007. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/223480227-3/1071810982/1492/1313.html#4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-2805-5..50394-3--cesec5_16431. Accessed Oct. 21, 2010.
- Supplement I: Infection control in healthcare, home and community settings. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/guidance/i/pdf/i.pdf. Accessed Oct. 21, 2010.