Lifestyle and home remediesBy Mayo Clinic staff
If you have experienced a severe allergic reaction to soy, be sure to carry injectable epinephrine (EpiPen, EpiPen Jr) with you all the time. It's also a good idea to wear a medic alert bracelet to let others know about your allergy.
- Savage JH, et al. The natural history of soy allergy. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2010;6:125.
- Atkins D. Food allergy: Diagnosis and management. Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice. 2008;35:119.
- Sicherer SH. Food allergens: Overview of clinical features and cross-reactivity. http://www.uptodate.com/home/index.html. Accessed Feb. 8, 2011.
- Keet CA, et al. Food allergy and anaphylaxis. Immunology and Allergy Clinics of North America. 2007;27:193.
- Ballmer-Weber BK, et al. Soy allergy in perspective. Current Opinion in Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2008;8:270.
- Soy allergy. Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America. http://www.aafa.org/print.cfm?id=9&sub=20&cont=522. Accessed Feb. 8, 2011.
- Thygarahan A, et al. American Academy of Pediatrics recommendations on the effects of early nutritional interventions on the development of atopic disease. Current Opinion in Pediatrics. 2008;20:698.