Stress basics (10)
- How to be happy: Tips for cultivating contentment
- Stress: Constant stress puts your health at risk
- Stress management: Identify your sources of stress
- see all in Stress basics
Stress relief (23)
- Coping with stress: Workplace tips
- Social support: Tap this tool to beat stress
- Support groups: Make connections, get help
- see all in Stress relief
Relaxation techniques (9)
- Massage: Get in touch with its many benefits
- Yoga: Fight stress and find serenity
- Tai chi: A gentle way to fight stress
- see all in Relaxation techniques
Stress management: Prevent stress setbacks
Stress has a way of creeping back into your life and making you miserable. These simple stress management strategies can help you keep stress at bay.By Mayo Clinic staff
You're getting a handle on stress management. Perhaps you've mastered new time management techniques. Or you've learned to control your anger under pressure. Congratulations! To keep stress under control for good, though, you need to make a commitment to using the stress management techniques you've learned.
Practicing stress management
Stress management isn't a first-aid kit you pull out only in emergencies. Rather, it's a set of tools you can use every day to deal with the big and little issues that arise. It's a good idea to keep your tools sharp and even to add a few to your collection from time to time.Next page
(1 of 2)
- Seaward BL. Managing Stress: Principles and Strategies for Health and Well-Being. Sudbury, Mass.: Jones and Bartlett; 2009:528.
- Charlesworth EA, et al. Stress Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Wellness. New York, N.Y.: Ballantine Books; 2004:366.
- Stress: Coping with everyday problems. National Mental Health Association. http://www.nmha.org/go/information/get-info/stress/stress-coping-with-everyday-problems. Accessed May 21, 2010.