Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Anemia Anemia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of this red blood cell deficiency.
- Placenta previa Placenta previa — Comprehensive overview covers causes, symptoms, treatment of this potentially dangerous pregnancy complication.
- Secondhand smoke: Avoid dangers in the air Secondhand smoke — Understand the dangers and consider options for clearing the air.
- Smoking and pregnancy: Understand the risks Smoking and pregnancy — Know the dangers of tobacco and how to safely quit.
- Premature baby? Understand your preemie's special needs A premature baby often needs special care. Here's what to expect — and how to cope.
- Long QT syndrome Long QT syndrome — Comprehensive overview covers causes and treatment of this racing heart condition.
Coping and support
- Infant death: Grief and the path to remembrance Infant death — A Mayo Clinic psychologist answers challenging questions about dealing with infant death.
- Breast-feeding tips: What new moms need to know Breast-feeding is a learned art. Get started with practical breast-feeding tips.
- Baby's head shape: What's normal? A baby's head is easily molded. Prevent flat spots — and detect more-serious problems.
- Pacifiers: Are they good for your baby? Is it OK to offer your baby a pacifier? Know the pros and cons.
- Baby sleep: Helping baby sleep through the night Baby sleep — Up all night? Help your baby sleep through the night, starting now!