Tests and diagnosis
- Tilt table test Tilt table test — Overview covers definition, what to expect and results of this test.
- Holter monitor Holter monitor — Overview covers what to expect during this test of your heart rhythm.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) — Overview covers definition of this test to monitor your heartbeat.
- Congenital heart defects in children Congenital heart defects — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatments of heart defects in children.
- Drug addiction Drug addiction — Comprehensive overview covers signs, symptoms, causes, treatment of this chemical dependence.
- Heart disease Heart disease — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatments and prevention of heart disease.
- Hyperthyroidism (overactive thyroid) Hyperthyroidism — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, causes, treatment of an overactive thyroid gland.
- Nicotine dependence Nicotine dependence — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms, complications, treatment of this difficult-to-break addiction.
- Ventricular fibrillation Ventricular fibrillation — Comprehensive overview covers the causes and treatments of this life-threatening heart arrhythmia.
Treatments and drugs
- Cardioversion Cardioversion — Overview covers what to expect during this procedure to reset your heart's rhythm.
- Cardiac ablation Cardiac ablation — Overview covers risks, results of this surgery to correct heart rhythm problems.
- Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs) — Overview covers the definition and risks of implanting these devices.
- Caffeine: How much is too much? Caffeine — You may like caffeine's effects, but too much may be harmful.
- Healthy recipes: A guide to ingredient substitutions Healthy recipes — Reduce fat, salt, sugar and calories with simple ingredient substitutions.
- Automated external defibrillators: Do you need an AED? Automated external defibrillators are available without a prescription. Should you get one?
- Alcohol use: If you drink, keep it moderate Alcohol use — Only light to moderate drinking offers possible health benefits.
- Stress relief: When and how to say no Stress relief — Discover the why, when and how of saying no to reduce stress.
- Fitting in fitness: Finding time for physical activity Finding time for fitness can be tough. Start by making it convenient.