Nutrition basics (20)
- Sodium: How to tame your salt habit
- Healthy diet: Do you follow dietary guidelines?
- Boiling down the dietary guidelines
- see all in Nutrition basics
Healthy diets (12)
- Mediterranean diet: A heart-healthy eating plan
- DASH diet: Tips for dining out
- DASH diet: Tips for shopping and cooking
- see all in Healthy diets
Healthy cooking (14)
- Healthy chicken recipes
- Meatless meals: The benefits of eating less meat
- Healthy cooking for 1 or 2
- see all in Healthy cooking
Healthy menus and shopping strategies (13)
- Fast food: Tips for choosing healthier options
- Holiday recipes: Celebrate with healthy, festive fare
- Organic foods: Are they safer? More nutritious?
- see all in Healthy menus and shopping strategies
Nutritional supplements (3)
- Supplements: Nutrition in a pill?
- Calcium and calcium supplements: Achieving the right balance
- Herbal supplements: What to know before you buy
Thanksgiving recipes: Delicious and healthy options
Create a healthy Thanksgiving Day menu with these Thanksgiving recipes.
Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for family, friends, good health and great food. This year, instead of serving the old standbys — turkey smothered in gravy, candied yams, buttered corn and pumpkin pie — try healthier recipes.
The following healthy Thanksgiving recipes have all of the taste, but less fat, calories and sodium. So serve up a fresh approach to healthy eating this Thanksgiving.
Soups and salads
Turkey and stuffing
Bread and muffins