How you prepareBy Mayo Clinic staff
You may be asked not to eat or drink for two hours or more before a tilt table test. You can take your medications as usual, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Tilt table test. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrspatients.org/patients/heart_tests/tilt_table.asp. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Olshansky B. Upright tilt table testing in the evaluation of syncope. http://www.uptodate.com/index. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Bonow RO, et al. Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunder Elsevier: 2012. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/page.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0398-6..00042-1--s0060&isbn=978-1-4377-0398-6&uniqId=321215166-9#4-u1.0-B978-1-4377-0398-6..00042-1--s0090. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Tilt table testing. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/cardiovascular_disorders/cardiovascular_tests_and_procedures/tilt_table_testing.html. Accessed March 1, 2012.
- Grogan M (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 30, 2012.