Sleepless nights? Insomnia includes difficulty going to sleep, staying asleep or going back to sleep after you awaken. Insomnia may be temporary or chronic.
March 19, 2016
- AskMayoExpert. Seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Martensson B, et al. Bright white light therapy in depression: A critical review of the evidence. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2015;182:1.
- Lam RW, et al. Efficacy of bright light treatment, fluoxetine, and the combination in patients with nonseasonal major depressive disorder: A randomized clinical trial. JAMA Psychiatry. 2016;73:56.
- Racz E, et al. Phototherapy and photochemotherapy for psoriasis. Dermatologic Clinics. 2015;33:79.
- Van Maanen A, et al. The effects of light therapy on sleep problems: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Sleep Medicine Reviews. 2016;29:52.
- Avery D. Seasonal affective disorder: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 8, 2016.
- Sanassi LA. Seasonal affective disorder: Is there light at the end of the tunnel? JAAPA. 2014;27:18.
- Melrose S. Seasonal affective disorder: An overview of assessment and treatment approaches. Depression Research and Treatment. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4673349/. Accessed Feb. 8, 2016.
- Kurlansik SL, et al. Seasonal affective disorder. American Family Physician. 2012;86:1037.
- O'Leary RE, et al. Update on tanning: More risks, fewer benefits. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2014;70:562.
- Seasonal affective disorders (SAD) — Treatment. NHS Choices. http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Seasonal-affective-disorder/Pages/Treatment.aspx. Accessed Feb. 15, 2016.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 15, 2016.