Klinefelter syndrome is a genetic disorder that affects hormone levels in males. Discover what causes it — and what treatments are available.
Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain usually caused by a viral infection. Severe cases can cause brain damage, even death.
Encopresis occurs when a child resists having bowel movements, causing stool to collect in the colon and rectum. Leakage of liquid stool also is common.
Personality disorders affect the way you think, behave and relate to others. Learn about symptoms and treatments.
Living through a traumatic event can leave lasting scars. Medications, therapy and coping skills can help you regain a sense of control.
Is your teen at risk of suicide? Get the facts.
Treatments and drugs
Looking for a mental health provider but not sure where to start? Here are tips, questions to ask and issues to consider.
March 17, 2016
- Lebow J. Overview of psychotherapies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March. 1, 2016.
- Psychotherapies. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/psychotherapies/index.shtml. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Different approaches to psychotherapy. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/topics/therapy/psychotherapy-approaches.aspx. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Help for mental illnesses. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/find-help/index.shtml. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- How to choose a psychologist. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/choose-therapist.aspx. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 3, 2016.