As a major pediatric neurology center, Mayo Clinic’s highly skilled doctors and surgeons have significant expertise and experience with all types of craniosynostosis.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Oct. 18, 2016
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 14, 2016.
- Primary craniosynostosis. National Organization for Rare Diseases. http://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/primary-craniosynostosis/. Accessed Aug. 12, 2016.
- NINDS craniosynostosis information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/craniosynostosis/craniosynostosis.htm. Accessed Aug. 12, 2016.
- Facts about craniosynostosis. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/birthdefects/craniosynostosis.html. Accessed Aug. 12, 2016.
- Buchanan EP, et al. Overview of craniosynostosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 12, 2016.
- Chim H, et al. Virtual surgical planning in craniofacial surgery. Seminars in Plastic Surgery. 2014;28:150.
- Morris L. Management of craniosynostosis. Facial Plastic Surgery. 2016;32:123.
- Erb TO, et al. Surgical treatment of craniosynostosis in infants: Open vs closed repair. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology. 2016;29:345.
- AskMayoExpert. Craniosynostosis and positional plagiocephaly. Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Mardini S, et al. Three-dimensional preoperative virtual planning and template use for surgical correction of craniosynostosis. Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. 2014;67:336.
- Wetjen N (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 30, 2016.