Toxoplasmosis is an infection caused by a parasite. It doesn't make most people ill, but infants and people with HIV/AIDS are at risk of complications.
Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Treatments and drugs
Aug. 03, 2016
- Landaw SA, et al. Approach to the adult patient with splenomegaly and other splenic disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Splenomegaly. Merck Manual Professional Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/hematology_and_oncology/spleen_disorders/splenomegaly.html. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Longo DL, et al. Enlargement of lymph nodes and spleen. In: Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Splenomegaly. U.S. National Library of Medicine. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003276.htm. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Recommended adult immunization schedule: United States - 2016. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/adult.html. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Enlarged spleen. The Merck Manuals: Merck Manual Consumer Version. https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/blood-disorders/spleen-disorders/enlarged-spleen. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Computed tomography (CT) — Abdomen and pelvis. Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=abdominct#preparation. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) — Body. Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=bodymr#preparation. Accessed June 14, 2016.
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy. Lab Tests Online. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/bone-marrow/tab/test/. Accessed June 28, 2016.
- Mesa RA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, Az. June 14, 2016.
Enlarged spleen (splenomegaly)