Mayo Clinic neurologists and other specialists are experienced in caring for people with metachromatic leukodystrophy. Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate and treat more than 30 people with metachromatic leukodystrophy each year.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's neurology department's expertise and rankings.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 23, 2016
- NINDS metachromatic leukodystrophy information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/metachromatic_leukodystrophy/metachromatic_leukodystrophy.htm. Accessed Sept. 8, 2016.
- Cruse RP. Metachromatic leukodystrophy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 8, 2016.
- Patil SA, et al. Developing therapeutic approaches for metachromatic leukodystrophy. Drug Design, Development and Therapy. 2013;7:729.
- Pagon RA, et al., eds. Arylsulfatase A Deficiency. In: GeneReviews. Seattle, Wash.: University of Seattle, Washington; 1993-2016. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1116. Accessed Sept. 8, 2016.
- Neurological diagnostic tests and procedures. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/misc/diagnostic_tests.htm. Accessed Sept. 8, 2016.
- Patterson MC (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. September 13, 2016.