Doctors at Mayo Clinic have been treating childhood and adolescent scoliosis for more than 70 years. More than 800 children visit Mayo Clinic for scoliosis care each year. When needed, scoliosis surgery is performed by Mayo Clinic orthopedic surgeons specializing in child and adolescent spine disorders.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for orthopedics by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for orthopedics.
March 08, 2016
- Questions and answers about scoliosis in children and adolescents. National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. http://www.niams.nih.gov/Health_Info/Scoliosis. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Introduction to scoliosis. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00633. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Kliegman RM, et al. The spine. In: Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 20th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Scherl SA. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: Clinical features, evaluation and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Scherl SA. Adolescent idiopathic scoliosis: Management and prognosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- Shaughnessy WJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 20, 2016.
- Shands AR. End result of the treatment of idiopathic scoliosis. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 1941;23:963.
- Brown AY. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 8, 2016.