Mayo Clinic has been a leader in lab research related to identifying people who are at greatest risk of sudden cardiac arrest related to long QT syndrome and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. The Mayo Clinic Windland Smith Rice Sudden Death Genomics Laboratory works to identify the genes involved in the most common causes of sudden cardiac arrest in young individuals.
Read more about Mayo Clinic heart research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo doctors on sudden cardiac arrest on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Dec. 08, 2015
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Cardiovascular collapse, cardiac arrest, and sudden cardiac death. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Sudden cardiac arrest. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/scda/. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Podrid PJ. Overview of sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Heart attack or sudden cardiac arrest: How are they different? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/MyHeartandStrokeNews/Heart-Attack-or-Sudden-Cardiac-Arrest-How-Are-They-Different_UCM_440804_Article.jsp#.Vi55p36rTIU. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Neumar RW, et al. Part 1: Executive summary 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care. Circulation. 2015;132(suppl):S315.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- Fuster V, et al., eds. Sudden cardiac death. In: Hurst's The Heart. 13th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed Oct. 21, 2015.
- Goldberger AL, et al. Sudden cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death. In: Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Ejection fraction heart failure measurement. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartFailure/Ejection-Fraction-Heart-Failure-Measurement_UCM_306339_Article.jsp#.Vi58RH6rTIU. Accessed Oct. 20, 2015.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2015.
- Rohren CH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 28, 2015.