Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Tests and diagnosis
Genetic testing is used to detect altered genes that may cause illness or disease. Although genetic testing can offer important health information, it has limitations.
Dec. 03, 2015
- Triple X syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/triple-x-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Trisomy X. National Organization for Rare Disorders. https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/trisomy-x/. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Triple X syndrome. Merck Manual Consumer Version. http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/children-s-health-issues/chromosomal-and-genetic-abnormalities/triple-x-syndrome. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Van Rijn S, et al. The social behavioral phenotype in boys and girls with an extra X chromosome (Klinefelter syndrome and trisomy X): A comparison with autism spectrum disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders. 2014;44:310.
- Otter M, et al. Triple X syndrome: A review of the literature. European Journal of Human Genetics. 2010;18:265.
- Van Rijn S, et al. Executive dysfunction and the relation with behavioral problems in children with 47,XXY and 47,XXX. Genes, Brain and Behavior. 2015;14:200.
- Hoecker JL (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 25, 2015.
- Pichurin PN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 20, 2015.