Food and medications
Your doctor is likely to ask you:
- To fast for four hours before your HIDA scan. You might be allowed to drink clear liquids.
- About medications and supplements you take.
Clothing and personal items
You might be asked to:
- Change into a hospital gown
- Leave jewelry and other metal accessories at home or remove them before the procedure
April 16, 2016
- Zakko SF, et al. Acute cholecystitis: Pathogenesis, clinical features, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Ziessman HA. Hepatobiliary scintigraphy in 2014. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2014;55:967.
- ACR-SPR practice parameter for the performance of hepatobiliary scintigraphy. American College of Radiology. http://www.acr.org/Search?q=Practice%20guideline%20for%20the%20performance%20of%20adult%20and%20pediatric%20hepatobiliary%20scintigraphy. Accessed March 9, 2016.
- Nuclear medicine — Hepatobiliary. RadiologyInfo.org. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=hepatobiliary. Accessed March 9, 2016.