Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain usually caused by a viral infection. Severe cases can cause brain damage, even death.
Living through a traumatic event can leave lasting scars. Medications, therapy and coping skills can help you regain a sense of control.
Is your teen at risk of suicide? Get the facts.
Treatments and drugs
Looking for a mental health provider but not sure where to start? Here are tips, questions to ask and issues to consider.
March 17, 2016
- Lebow J. Overview of psychotherapies. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March. 1, 2016.
- Psychotherapies. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/psychotherapies/index.shtml. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Different approaches to psychotherapy. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/topics/therapy/psychotherapy-approaches.aspx. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Help for mental illnesses. National Institute of Mental Health. http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/find-help/index.shtml. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- How to choose a psychologist. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/choose-therapist.aspx. Accessed March 2, 2016.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 3, 2016.