Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers continue to study transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) as part of cardiovascular research efforts. Researchers are focused on reducing complications through improved technology and a better understanding of which people are most appropriate for this procedure. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on transcatheter aortic valve replacement on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 19, 2016
- Brecker SJD, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Indications and periprocedural management. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd. Accessed Feb. 2, 2016.
- What is TAVR? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/HeartValveProblemsandDisease/What-is-TAVR_UCM_450827_Article.jsp#.VrUe2dj2aDY. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Aortic valve stenosis (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Nishimura RA, et al. 2014 AHA/ACC guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery. 2014;148:e1.
- Gaasch WH. Indications for valve replacement in aortic stenosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 29, 2016.
- Mack MJ, et al. Patient selection for transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013;62:S1.
- Gaasch WH, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Outcomes and complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Holmes DR, et al. Clinical outcomes at 1 year following transcatheter aortic valve replacement. JAMA. 2015;313:1019.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. About your heart-catheter procedures. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2009.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Getting ready for heart surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2011.
- Agarwal S, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Current perspectives and future implications. Heart. 2015;101:169.
- Mack MJ, et al. 5-year outcomes of transcatheter aortic valve replacement or surgical aortic valve replacement for high surgical risk patients with aortic stenosis (PARTNER 1): A randomised controlled trial. The Lancet. 2015;385:2477.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 9, 2016.
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)